Coffee connoisseurs usually hunt around until they find just the right coffee maker. Owners of the Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central Coffeemaker are no exception.
Many of the customers are on to their 2nd and 3rd Cuisinart coffee maker and have even decided to give it to other family members as a gift.
Product Name: Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Author Rating: (4 / 5)
Highlights of the Cuisinart Programmable Coffeemaker
- Carafe handle designed so as to eliminate dripping while pouring
- Carafe – holds 12 cups – indicated by markings
- Option to brew a smaller quantity if you need fewer than 5 cups
- Comes with a pause facility that allows you to interrupt the brewing process so that you can pour a cup of coffee to have while you wait
- Can set heater to low, medium or high to keep your coffee at your preferred temperature
- Programmable, up to 24 hours ahead of time
- A charcoal water filter
- Signals when brewing has finished
- A self-cleaning option – advised by coffee maker
- Automatically turns off
- An instruction book is provided
Feedback on the Cuisinart DCC-1200
There is considerable feedback on this coffee maker, mainly because it has been purchased by so many people. There were over 4,000 reviews that I could find at the time this post was published so there are probably many more now.
- Would look good in the kitchen – solidly built and very stylish
- 5 beep finished signal
- Great tasting coffee
- Sturdy glass carafe
- Very easy to use
- Very easy to clean
- The clock doesn’t glow
- In low light, it can be more difficult to see the level of water in water compartment as well as the programming window
- It could do with a back light
Overall Verdict on The Cuisinart Brew Central Coffee Maker
Many have become firm loyalists with respect to the Cuisinart Coffeemakers, buying a machine for friends and family, not to mention sticking to the brand themselves.
There seems to be some debate as to the longevity of this coffee maker but some have reported that their Cuisinart was still going strong after 10 years.
You might like to read some reviews here to determine if this is a debate to consider or not.
I personally think that you can’t go wrong with this machine
Given that you are a fan of Cuisinart coffee makers, you might like to choose one with a stylish color for your kitchen bench. In that case, you might like to check out the red coffee maker by Cuisinart that we have reviewed here.
Please feel free to add your own feedback in the comments section below: