When it comes to buying a coffee machine, the options today are so many that it can be quite a difficult choice.
The Jura Impressa F8 Automatic Coffee Machine is a compact Swiss-made coffee machine for perfecting that fresh brew.
The Impressa has a range of pre-programmed settings for your choice of espressos, cappuccinos and specialty coffees.
A hot water system for tea, along with the a milk steamer, adds to the machine’s versatility.
It is designed to be easy to use, and the innovative TFT display offers great convenience that makes it a winner among Jura coffee machines.
This Jura Impressa F8 review takes a look at what the machine has to offer to coffee lovers:
A Jura Impressa F8 Review
Model #: 15025
Size: 17.5 x 14 x 11.2 inches
Author’s Rating: (4.9 / 5)
Main Features of the Jura F8 Coffee Machine
Jura is well known for their quality product. And the Jura Impressa serves to sustain that reputation,
Here are its main features highlighted for you:
- Aroma Plus Grinder:
This technology, present in other Jura machines, has been improved to offer double the grinding speed with less noise when compared to other models.
The ground coffee powder chute can also be used for making decaffeinated blends and other varieties of coffee.
- Fine Foam Technology:
The machine comes with a milk steamer or foamer that is useful for making hot chocolate or specialty coffees topped with foamed milk. A hot water function is also included for making tea.
Both systems are height adjustable.
- TFT Display:
For the first time, we are seeing inclusion of the TFT technology.
The 2.8 inch Jura Impressa F8 TFT is introduced for the first time in this compact Jura coffee maker.
The display is operated with a rotary dial, which you can turn to see the list of preset coffees.
- Preset Beverages:
As mentioned, the Impressa F8 comes with a selection of presets for specialty coffees like:
- espresso macchiato
- latte macchiato
- and more besides the usual coffee types
What are the Main Positives of the Jura Impressa F8 Coffee Maker?
There are several reasons why the Impressa F8 is so popular with coffee lovers:
- You can program 4 items for quick access, to display on the start screen, and name them as you like, for ease of identification.
This is useful for everyday beverages that you may wish to prepare quickly and efficiently every morning.
- Users have found the machine to be easier to use than so many other espresso makers.
- The water container is conveniently located to the side and not at the back of the machine. You can program the amount of water and adjust it for each preparation.
- There are also 4 programmable coffee strengths that give you great control over your morning cuppa.
- The hot water temperature system also has 3 programmable levels.
- The brewing temperature system has 2 adjustable levels.
- It has several automated alerts and safety features, such as a programmable switch-off time, so that you can keep the machine in good condition.
- An energy saving mode is included.
- Cleaning is easy with the integrated cleaning technology, a milk system cleaning program and water hardness adjustments.
- There is a maintenance status display.
Are there Any Negatives with This Coffee Machine?
- A comment has been made that the milk frother temperature could be hotter for the perfect specialty coffee but then this can be a characteristc among automatic machines.
Q: How do you get into the brewing chamber?
A: The brewing chamber can be accessed via a lid on the top, towards the back of the machine.
Q: How much bench space is needed, with respect to clearance?
A: The Impressa F8 is compact enough that a clearance of 18 inches is enough for you to easily store and use the machine.
Q: Where does the milk go?
A: You need a separate container for the milk (any cup will do) and the machine draws it into the frother to produce fine-grained milk foam for your drink.
The Verdict on the Jura Impressa F8
The Jura Impressa won the 2014 reddot award, handed out for product design at an international level.
Overall, it is a fantastic machine as far as fully automatics go, and it deserves a 5 star rating, though some may dock a few points for the milk frother. Apart from this small flaw, which can be eliminated by using a separate milk frother/steamer, the Impressa F8 can easily be recommended to coffee lovers.
This will come as no surprise, given that we are talking about Jura coffee machines.
The bottom line is that this is one quality coffee machine that provides consistent taste in what could be best described as a fantastic coffee brew.
If you interested in learning more about Jura, you can checkout other Jura coffee machines here.
~ Guest Author ~